The electric grid is considered to be one of the most complex machines on Earth. Perhaps this is the reason that Pennwell has chosen “Electrifying the Globe” as the theme for DistribuTECH. The show, billed as a leading smart grid event, opens in San Antonio, Texas, on 27 January and, aims to take a global view of power transmission and distribution covering everything from:
- automation and control systems,
- energy efficiency,
- demand response,
- renewable energy integration,
- advanced metering,
- T&D system operation and reliability,
- power delivery equipment,
- commercial and industrial energy management technology
- and water utility technology.
As well as considering the latest technology and best practices, the show will highlight solutions to the many challenges facing the utility industry as it moves toward implementing smart grid technologies.